An estimated 4 in 10 patients ask their pharmacist for less expensive medication alternatives. Responding to these requests is time-consuming, requiring an estimated 20 minutes per patient. That amounts to a significant part of a pharmacist’s day – time that could surely be spent on other matters.
Now though, there is a way to address medication cost concerns quickly, accurately, and thoroughly!
PrimeRx™ pharmacy software, combined with the Real-Time Prescription Benefit powered by Surescripts® interface, gives pharmacists immediate visibility into patient medication benefits and provides options for cost-effective therapeutic alternatives.
It’s a simple process. Within PrimeRx™ a pharmacist can directly connect with the Real-Time Prescription Benefit interface. This provides immediate access to data that includes:
- Patient-specific benefit information.
- As many as five therapeutic alternatives.
- Prior authorization requirements.
- Out-of-pocket cost and deductible information.
- Fill quantity options.
Real-Time Prescription Benefit delivers this information directly from a patient’s benefit plan.
With these tools, pharmacists have an efficient new solution for helping patients get the medications they need at a price they can afford. And, pharmacies benefit too, with improvements that include:
- 75% reduction in staff time spent responding to patient pricing concerns.
- 30% improvement in medication adherence rates.
- Simplified pharmacy-provider-payer communication processes.
- Seamlessly reach out to a provider to request a new prescription or change an existing order.
- Send a prior authorization to an insurance company.
- Transfer a prescription to another pharmacy.
- Send a prescription cancellation message.
Managing patient medication costs has never been easier!
Please click here to learn more about PrimeRx™ and Real-Time Prescription Benefit powered by Surescripts®