The Sr. Software Quality Assurance/Functional Tester highly knowledgeable in quality assurance, release management, automation test tools (e.g. HP QTP, UFT, Test Complete, or other automated testing tools) and can provide advanced system testing support. This is a hands-on position.
Responsibilities: The Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst will work under general supervision and follow the established procedures for quality assurance, design and implement test plans, including creating automated test scripts using test tools, processes, and procedures. This is a hands-on role and only those interested and able to work independently should apply. This role is responsible for the coordination, creation, execution, maintenance of test cases, and automated functional test scripts to ensure quality control standards are achieved. This position also works in collaboration with all QA testers to meet the testing objectives of the organization and make continuous improvements to maximize testing coverage.
The functional tester will write test plans based on requirements, develop functionally automated test scripts, perform testing, will have deep knowledge in software testing methodology and the system development life cycle.
- Develop and maintain any functional and regression tests to ensure code is functioning as designed. Apply test methodology and product knowledge in the design of tests and testing strategies.
- Support testing of multiple projects in coordination with development team/vendors while monitoring testing activities and key internal deliverable.
- Participation in design specification review and technical documentation review is essential to performing these duties.
- Work closely with the development team to ensure that defects are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Help prioritize defects to be fixed using an understanding of the business requirements and the needs of the customer.
- Experience testing Windows application in a SAAS development environment is a plus.
- Write test documents including test plan, test cases and test summaries for both manual and automated testing.
- Execute and evaluate manual or automated test cases and report test results
- Communicate defects to developers and other stakeholders using JIRA.
- Ability to write detailed test cases for developers to conduct more thorough testing.
- Conduct exploratory testing to evaluate robustness and functionality of systems
- Communicate feature interaction problems
- Facilitate test suite/case reviews with cross-functional team members
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues to management
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes
- Must have prior hands-on experience handling all technical testing efforts including functional testing. Automated testing experience a plus: minimum 7 years
- Prior experience designing and support user interface testing application and regression testing software.: 7 years
- Advanced level experience writing SQL Server connectivity and advanced queries.: 7 years (SQL 2014 or higher preferred).
- Prior experience providing defect status and quality metrics to the project manager to ensure bugs are resolved in a timely manner.: 7 years
- Design, develop and execute automated test cases from requirements a plus: 4 years
- Prior experience using automated testing tools for writing test cases AND defect management.: 7 years. One of the following (HP QTP/UFT, TestComplete, Selenium) a plus.
- Web Service/API’s (Rest/Soap) Testing: 4 years.
- Any prior working history with Microsoft TFS is a plus.
- Experience testing systems that work within healthcare operations a plus.
Required Education: Bachelor of Science degree is required. Masters in CS or similar technical fields is preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Organized and detail-oriented; able to effectively perform multiple/concurrent tasks within deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Works well under pressure, self-starter, dedicated and passionate and focused on work.
- Advanced level: 7 years (Required)
- QA: 5 years (Required)