Prescriber Validation Services
Prescriber Validation Services (PVS)Pharmacies are using Central Prescriber Validation to lower the potential for costly prescription fines and audits. PVSS provides real-time access to prescriber NPI and DEA credentials, state license information and authorization activity.
Micro Merchant Systems processes thousands of transactions a day, updating data on prescribers in real-time, including Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) and State data and daily National Technical Information Servicedata. PVRis a real-time, compliance-based validation solution explicitly designed for your pharmacy.
Prime PVS Key Features
- Validate Prescriber or Supervising Prescriber NPI and DEA credentials in real time
- Create customized exclusion lists
- Save you a whole lot of time, because if you try to validate the license for every prescriber, it will be a complete nightmare and you will probably not be able to do it at all.
- Determine if a Prescriber or Supervising Prescriber is on the OIG exclusions list, retired or deceased, and checks for State regulations
- Reduces the risk of audit able claims. As you all know more and more companies or Insurance companies and PBM’s are finding out ways as to how they can penalize the pharmacies, and this is one thing that they are finding that more and more pharmacies are not checking to see if the Prescriber is valid or not.
- Verify if Prescribers are approved to prescribe drugs for opiate treatment programs
- Verify the Prescriber’s DEA license for approval of a controlled substance being prescribed
- What they can simply do is go through public records to see which Prescriber is now not active and then can simply find out all claims submitted by that prescriber and then go to the pharmacies and fine them.
- Save all inquiries, allowing customers to have access to detailed PVSS transaction reports of all response messages returned to a pharmacy
Thousands of pharmacies rely on Micro Merchant Systems pharmacy services to streamline processes, save time and avoid costly fines. Customized to your pharmacy’s software, to help identity, select and attach providers to a prescription for more accurate reimbursement.