The healthcare industry has embraced the use of SMS. Physicians and pharmacists are texting both to improve the patient experience and for their internal processes. Everyday use of SMS includes notifications to advise patients when the pharmacy has received an electronic script, pick-up reminders and prescription refill alerts. Secure text messaging offers an efficient way to transmit patient-related information and improve the overall patient experience.
Listed below are examples of how healthcare providers and pharmacists are using PrimeCOMM™ features for improved communication:
- Encryption: 256-bit encryption the industry standard for ensuring patient protected health information (PHI) is transmitted securely. encryption must safeguard messages not only during transmission, but also when stored.
- Notifications and alerts - Secure texts and messages can be transmitted quickly and efficiently. This allows for improved communication between patients and their health care providers, and for treatment decisions to be made faster.
- Voice to text features - Physicians and nurses to verbally “dictate” a text message. This capability saves time and adds efficiency by eliminating the need to type a message, or for longer text messages.
- Technical support - Text messaging in the healthcare and pharmacy environment requires assurance that technical support resources will be available.
- Group communication - Transmission of a text message to multiple people, and the ability to receive responses, helps improve the coordination of care.